Neros Newsletter - May 2014
A Message from the Chef
We welcome the warmth and joy of May and in celebration to the important women in our lives – moms! Sisters, mothers or wives, honour these special family members on Sunday May 11 with an extraordinary feast at our signature restaurant. Our unparalleled service, exquisite setting and delectable menu created just for her will surely make her feel like Queen for a Day.
Coinciding with the theme of renewal and the vibrancy of spring, Neros is unveiling a new Neros menu, featuring seasonally-inspired dishes. While many of your favorites will maintain their cherished spots, we are making them even better! Join us throughout the month of May and enjoy fine dining at its best. Discover what has inspired our chefs and try one of our newest palate pleasers.
I look forward to your next visit.
Recipe of the Month
Lobster and Avocado Martinis
By Deron Lepore, Chef, Neros Steakhouse
The freshness and subtle flavors of this springtime appetizer is a wonderful beginning to an elegant dinner party or on a lighter option, serve on a bed of lettuce and make it an entrée.
- 1 1lb can lobster meat tail and claw
- 2 ripe avocados diced medium
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 medium vine ripe tomato diced
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbs fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 4 tbs vodka
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon plus juice
- Salt pepper to taste
1. Remove lobster meat from can and drain thoroughly set aside.
2. To make the sauce combine vodka, tomato paste, sugar and lemon zest/juice in a bowl and whisk thoroughly so it is well incorporated. Season to taste.
3. In another bowl, combine diced onion, celery and tomato with lobster meat and lightly toss. To this add half the sauce you made earlier and incorporate making sure all pieces are well coated. Toss the avocado in at the end and lightly toss so the avocado is still in dices and not too blended.
4. Add cilantro and parsley. Season further if necessary.
5. In 4-6 chilled martini glasses (dipped in water then placed in freezer for 30 minutes) divide the remaining sauce into the glasses.
6. On top of the sauce add neat little portions of the lobster salad and serve immediately. Serve with generous portions of iced vodka and slices of lemon. Enjoy.
Convenience and comfort is our goal with FREE Neros Valet service. Available during regular restaurant hours, Wednesday through Sunday, closed Monday and Tuesday. Simply drive up to the Riverside Drive entrance, to the Far East doors and our attendants will be happy to assist you.
May Birthday Bonus
Taurus and Gemini, if you celebrate a May birthday, you dine for FREE* when you reserve and pay for a table for a party of six or more at Neros. Call 1-800-991-8888 to book your table today.
Memorable celebrations at Neros!
Make your special occasion extraordinary and celebrate it at Neros signature restaurant where impeccable service and delectable fine dining create an unforgettable evening. Reserve our intimate, yet spectacular dine-in wine cellar, with room for up to 14 of your closest friends or Neros’ private dining room with an elegant riverfront view for up to 36 people. Our talented culinary team will create a customized menu selection specifically for you and your guests. Call 1-800-991-8888 for your reservations.
Specials & Events
Wednesday - Sunday
Early Evening Dining
3-course - $39 per person
Steak & Seafood
2-course - $45 per person
3-course - $99 for two
Tastes of the World, featuring Italy
3-course - $99 for two
3-course - $25 per person
Colosseum Event Menu
3-course - $48 per person
Wines of the Month
White: Villa Sparina Gavi, Piedmont, Italy 2011 | bin 1050 | bottle $75
A unique wine in a unique bottle, this delicious sipper is made from Cortese grapes grown in the Gavi district of Italy's Piedmont region. It offers lovely floral aromas with hints of peach. Full and rich on the palate this wine goes perfectly with lighter meats, white fish and seafood dishes.
Red: Sangervasio A Sirio, Tuscany, Italy 2008 | bin 2096 | bottle $106
This blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese is a big, flavourful wine that has been mellowed by 6 years of age. Complex aromas of dark berry fruit, tobacco, cedar and vanilla fill the glass. Full bodied on the palate with the extra aging having produced a well rounded and velvetly mouth feel with exceptional length. Sangervasio uses a natural wine making process with no chemical additives and holds an organic certification in Italy.
All prices do not include applicable tax and gratuities. Dollar amounts shown are in CDN funds. *Some restrictions may apply. Valid photo ID must be shown to confirm birthday in order to redeem offer. All party members must each order at least one entrée each. Offer valid only for parties of six or more per birthday person. Available on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays only. No cash value. Valid for one menu item only, not exceeding $50 value. Cannot be redeemed on a later date. Can only be redeemed once during the month of your birthday.
Space is limited. Call 1.800.991.7777 ext. 22481 to make your reservation.